Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wind pants

DISCLAIMER: Reading/checking this blog will be a complete waste of your time. I don't have anything interesting to say. I'm not particularly astute. What I will do every post (when I post) is bring up something trivial that, more than likely, will not even make sense. Blogs from one day to another will be completely random, with absolutely no continuity. Add this to the ever-increasing pile of cyber junk out there that can only be found by a Google search. Sounds great, doesn't it? With that being said, let's get started.

Wind pants...where would we be without them? What a wonderful invention. Made out of nylon. Zippers in weird places. Hidden compartments. I venture to say that all a person needs to survive if stranded is a pair of wind pants. Use one of the pockets to trap a squirrel. Slide the zippers up and down as fast as you can to send S.O.S. signals. If you're fat enough, cut out a rectangular section and make a shelter. The possibilities are endless. Blah blah blah.

Why do I like wind pants so much? Yes, the reasons mentioned above are more than valid. For me, however, it's about convenience. Try to wear a 3 piece suit to bed and roll out the next morning without ironing. Can't do it. I haven't changed my wind pants in over a month. Why should I? The fabric wicks my sweat away. Squirt 'em down with some Febreeze and they barely smell. They make unbelievably comfy PJ's. I even bathe in them. It takes about 20-30 minutes for them to air dry.

Wind pants have taken a fashion "hit" lately. Cargo pants, jeans, and buckskin leather are all the rage in the discos. Me? I'll never abandon my wind pants. They've stuck with me (and sometimes to me) better than a brother. I say it's a sign of valor to wear wind pants. Next time you see a 300 pound guy wearing a wind suit, and he looks like he's on his way to "wack a guy 'cause he heard things," shake his hand. He's a marvel of the 21st century.

1 comment:

Matt Guthrie said...

Dude, some things never change. I miss your wit. We need to hook up soon. Say hello to "The Gail" for me. And congrats on #2.